ページ

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Essay 2-02a: My Language Learning Experience

I’m going to tell you about my language experience from elementary school to university. I have learned Japanese, English, Spanish and Korean. When I was 7 years old, I leaned foreign language for the first time. Foreign language is difficult for me to understand. However, I like to learn foreign language.

I went to English conversation school for five years when I was an elementary school student. There was the English conversation school near my house. My teacher was Australian and there are about ten people there. We learned alphabet and English words there. We had Christmas party and it was the most interesting thing. Then, we played games in English. I only remember playing twister. I really enjoyed playing this game. I also had English class in elementary school. I studied English words and alphabet. I liked the class because English teacher gave us candy every time. Of course, I studied Japanese. I memorized a lot of Chinese characters. I had difficulty with them.

When I was a junior high school student, I studied Japanese classics for the first time. I was poor at Japanese classics. It was difficult for me to understand it. I also had English class and I learned English using text books for the first time. I studied self introduction in English, English idioms and words. I had to recite two or three whole pages of a text book. Then, I had to present it in front of the teacher.

When I was a high school student, I studied classical Chinese for the first time. I also studied Japanese classics. I don’t like Japanese classics, but I like classical Chinese because I could understand stories. I was memorized a lot of Japanese classics words by a teacher. I had a test in classic class every time. When I made two mistakes answer, I had to do my homework. I took three hours doing the homework. I also had some English classes. I had English words test and had to prepare for lessons in Reading class every time. I was busy, but I liked English classes the best.

I study English in KGU now. I have Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking class. I like the course contents. For example, I read English papers in Reading class, and I write blog in English in Writing class. I also have two Korean classes now. I have already memorized all Hangul alphabets. So, I can read Hangul. I like the Korean classes very much because it is so interesting. I want to become speak Korean. When I was first year in university, I studied Spanish. Thanks to the Spanish class, I could know about Spain and speak it a little.

I have learned various languages since I was born. I like English the best. So, I want to study English more and more. I also speak English with foreigner and want to speak fluent English. Thank you for reading my essay.

[492 words]

9 comments:

  1. Hello, Yuka!
    I read your essay and knew you like English the best.
    Which language is more difficult for you, Korean or English?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Yuka.
    I didn't know you take Korean class.

    Do you have a plan to go abroad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Yuka.
    I read your essay.
    You study Korean, don't you?
    Is it difficult? I am interested in it, so I want to hear you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Yuka.
    I don't like Japanese classic and classical Chinese.
    Why don't you like Japanese classic?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Yuka :)
    I read your essay!
    I want to study Spanish very much!!!
    Please teach me :)
    And are you good at Korean??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Yuka!!
    I also like Korean class :)
    We must to study hard, and let's go together to Korea with me!!
    Do you like tohoshinki? XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. You learn many language.
    It sounds good!
    I want to learn Korean.
    It is difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!
    You have good experience of your learning.
    What is your favorite languages?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, you learn a lot of languages. It's good.
    What is your most favorite language you had learned?
    I also learn Chinese when I was high school student.
    I like English the best.

    ReplyDelete