ページ

Monday, May 17, 2010

Essay 1-02a: Soccer

I like soccer very much and I like both to play and to watch soccer. I have been play soccer for eleven years. I chose four websites and there are history of soccer, Wayne Rooney, FC Barcelona and World Cup these websites. Soccer is one of the most famous sports in the world. I want you to know about soccer.


First of all, almost 150 have passed since soccer was officially born in a Tavern in London. In such a short time, soccer went on from a local phenomenon around England. Modern version of the game was standardized by the English in the 19th century. They created the first rules for the game of soccer. Women's soccer, although having a huge popularity in the last decades of the 20th century and today, was always shadowed by the men's soccer, but the ladies are determined to change this and come to equal standards with the boys. In 1863, when the English Football Association standardized a set of rules that prohibited violence on the pitch, making it easier for women to get into soccer. Women's soccer is 1 century behind men's soccer. However the recently organized women's soccer World Cups showed a lot of skilled players and drew important crowds.



Second, Wayne Rooney is one of the best players in the world. He belongs to Manchester United and he is striker in the team. His play often fascinates a lot of people. When I watch his play on TV, I'm always fascinated by it. I especially like his pass because he ability to pick a pass. I want to watch his play at a stadium someday. My favorite soccer team is FC Barcelona and it is a big team. It is taking part in Champions league. It is first prize now. I like this team's soccer because I'm impressed with their wonderfully pass and teamwork. I'm addicted to their soccer. I want this team to win Champions league.


Third, World Cup will take place in South Africa this year. 32 national teams will take part in it. It will be hold from June 11 to July 11. Japan is C group and will play Netherlands, Denmark and Cameroon. This group has strong teams. However, I want Japan to win games and qualify for the tournament. I'm forward watching World Cup on TV.


Finally, I recommend you soccer!! Soccer is very wonderful sports. So, please try to play soccer and watch soccer on TV or live. 2010 is World Cup year. If, you watch World Cup, you will become love soccer more and more. Soccer is a hot sport this year.

438words

5 comments:

  1. Who is your favorite football player?
    I like Paolo Maldini;)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played soccer in elementary school.
    I like soccer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like soccer very much. But I like to watch.
    Who is your favorite soccer player?
    I know world cup will take part in South Africa! It is surprise!
    I will watch World Cup on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like soccer very much!!!
    I think soccer is great sports^^
    Who is your favorite player in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like soccer, too. But I like watching.
    When I was a high school student, I often went to see soccer game to cheer my high school soccer club.
    Have you gone to see your high school soccer club game?

    ReplyDelete